To be responsible for writing, editing, proof reading and optimising all online content for a portfolio of websites. This includes all things SEO, social media, blogs, promotions, customer reviews and online hotel, resort and destination content. From time to time you will also assist with offline content such as direct mailings, newspaper advertising copy and PR. You will also measure the success of the content you write and share. You will also be responsible for imagery and video content. This really is a varied role!
You will develop an appropriate tone and style that engages and informs and have an excellent command of the English language and understanding of digital communications.
Day-to-day management of content ensuring all is up-to-date and accurate.
- Standardise websites so that information is presented in a consistent format across all sites.
- Assist with generating articles on specific requests and leading ad-hoc content related projects as and when required.
- Become the ‘Company Champion’ of the Content Management System and upload the content to the live sites via the CMS.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with Product and Commercial teams to ensure content is properly executed to deadlines and is effectively optimised.
- Keep up to speed with industry innovations and trends.
- Analyse search intent to ascertain content requirements.
- Analyse and track SEO and developments.
- Share and outreach content to relevant channels, bloggers etc.
- Writing amazing pieces of content that people will want to engage with!
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present ideas in a clear and concise way, both written and verbal.
- Commercially astute.
- Professional writing experience.
- Excellent computer and internet skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail with excellent spelling, grammar and punctuation and a good understanding of writing online.
- Good working knowledge of MS Word and Social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Experience of working in the Travel Industry.
- Experience of sharing content and link building.
- Educated to degree or equivalent level (BTEC, HND) in English, Media Studies, Communications Studies or Journalism. However, experience within conventional copywriting or journalism, preferably within a digital media or editorial environment would be acceptable.
- Experience of Google Analytics and Google Trends and search intent/key word tools.
37.5 hours per week, 5% bonus, 21 days holiday + bank holidays