This role is focused on timely, commercially appropriate, project-based procurement. The Commercial Technical Buyer contributes significantly to; maximising margins, maintaining product quality and on time delivery.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Preparation of RFQ communications including distributing drawings and specifications to supply chain partners.
• Negotiating pricing and delivery terms in line with commercial requirements for margin preservation and cash flow.
• Provisioning the components, sub-assemblies, services and materials required for live sales/production orders passing through the factory
• Supplier selection, qualification and monitoring including supplier capacity and performance.
• A technology professional with an appreciation of electro mechanical components, subassemblies, processes and materials. Ideally holding an HND/HNC or degree in mechanical engineering or a similar discipline.
• Commercially aware with clear and effective negotiating skills.
• Comfortable reading and interpreting engineering drawings, able to communicate specifications and requirements to suppliers.
• Capable of presenting a professional and measured approach when dealing with suppliers.
• Comfortable working to deadlines in a timely and efficient manner.
• A driven and reliable self-starter, able to work independently or as part of a team.
• A car driver with valid UK driving licence