Our client is an independent family owned business, based in East Grinstead. Specialising in the manufacturing and production of bespoke flashings, trims, gutters and accessories for the roofing and cladding industry.
Our client is looking for a brake press operator/sheet metal worker to join their expanding team on a permanent basis.
Hours of work are usually between Monday – Thursday 8.00am to 5.30pm and Friday 8.00am to 5.00pm and there is the occasional opportunity for overtime. The role is primarily the operation of CNC brake presses (Amada & LVD), but will also include the following:-
- Operation of CNC guillotines and other sheet metal machinery (full training provided)
- Working accurately to drawings and instructions from your manager
- Forklift truck operating (training can be provided)
- Implement Company Policy & Procedures, ensuring compliance of Health & Safety Law and Regulations
- Housekeeping and general workshop duties
The successful applicant will ideally hold the following skills. Please note some of the skills are desirable and not essential, as training can be provided:-
- Experience with the operation of CNC brake presses, ideally minimum of 1 year
- Experience in sheet metal working/fabrication and operation of sheet metal machinery
- Counterbalance Forklift licence (minimum 3t) useful but not essential
- Multi task orientated and possess good organisation skills and attention to detail
- Must be fit and healthy due to physical nature of the job
- Must have full driving licence and use of own vehicle due to location